neděle 28. listopadu 2010

How I live here - for English speaking people

The Location?
  • we are in a fenced area, there are two brick buildings and a church is from a sheets of tin, children have a kitchen outside
  • my room is small and not very nice, crawling spiders here, but I do not mind
  • children have the same rooms
Food?
  • I eat ugali, rice, beef, carrots and toast for a breakfast
  • children eat only ugali with something, but they love it
How is here?
  • 5 girls: Bilhah, Catarina, Mary, Jen and Malvis
  • 9 boys: Peter, Jossuah, Clinton, Jared, Immanuel, Caunda, Daniel, Colins, Simon and David
  • some children are still at a boarding school
Family?
  • Micah and his wife Sarah, they have three children
  • I live with them
What am I doing?
  • a devotional before bedtime
  • washing, helping in the kitchen, washed dishes, play with kids
The children are clever and know everything - they cook outside on the fire ugali, wash, carry water, clean - with discipline
My insights?They like to help, know how to thank and smile a lot, they are grateful!
My plans?
  • paint rooms
  • equipped kitchen
  • buy a basketball set and a ball (done!)
  • for Christmas - prepare a great celebration with gifts for children
How do I wash?
  • basin and sponge
Toilet?
  • hole in the ground:)
Disinfected water is disgusting:) I bought a sweet syrup. There is something like Tesco, and I can get anything. It is insanely cheap here!
With the children I play: ball games, we wove bracelets, guys were painting, play with a jumping rubber.
People in the town are friendly, smiling and waving. I have never met a white man in Kakamega yet!
I took my socks in vain, I have a few bites, but otherwise I'm healthy and manage everything fine!

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat