pátek 17. prosince 2010

Letter Dec. 17, 2010

Hello to everybody from sunny Kakamega!
Every morning I have to remind myself that it is December, the weather really does not look so ... But Christmas is approaching, and my wallet and bills really knows it, because every day I am spending some money for presents ... During the week we managed to buy kids
some clothes ... Boys have a new super jeans, girls skirts and dresses ... They all look really smart as they say here ... I also bought some towels, shower gels for boys, sponges for girls and body lotions, ... Just the sort of things ... The truth is that children will be delighted by this pretty staff, because normally they washed with one soap and they all smell the same  ... They do not have money for it ... I look forward when everyone will be dressed and washed! Wow...
So most of the time I spend now is on the preparation of Christmas ... In the evenings we wrap presents which I bought during the day ... But there are also time for other things, do not worry ... Yesterday I played football and made two goals!
Otherwise, I still plan on the month of January to buy shoes to all ... The needed it so badly ... Children are now on holiday, but in January they start to go to school again, so it will make a bit difference...
I have to tell some story ... Last night the girls slept with me in my room ... Melvis slept on the bank bed and Catherine with Mary on a mattress on the ground ... It was great! Girls sang to me, asked me about the Czech Republic and we were giggling at anything ... And finally they said I love you, or Swahili Nakupenda and we went to sleep ... I have to admire that I had tears in my eyes ... All the children are beginning to really mean much for me and as the days go on we like each other more ... With the guys we have some greetings, after dinner they show me how the know to dance. They like to walk with me by hand for milk, or anywhere ... They watch over me and protect me! They are just amazing...
Here we are going to celebrate Christmas? We will on December 25 on Saturday ... It's a big day. I am looking forward! We will eat a chapati which are some kind of pancakes, rice, maize or a chicken, ugali, skuma – this is a vegetable... And I am responsible for sweets ... I found a great bakery and they've had a really good-looking desserts, so that we will not miss...
Well, there is still a lot I have to arrange...
Today I am making pancakes for a dinner ... I had to buy a pan and all the incidences, but the kids are looking forward ... We'll have jam and fruit with it, yummy ... Then I'll send you pictures!
At this point, there are some kids gone as they drove to spend Christmas with their families and some are helping to Micah in his house in Kakamega prepare some things for Christmas …
Otherwise, Joshua is going on Wednesday December 22 to the doctor, and then we'll find out exactly when his operation will be...
So it is all from me for now, I will try to write something before Christmas...
Otherwise, please pray that we spend a nice Christmas and that all the organization will go well...
Thanks to everyone who sent gifts or is thinking about me here ... I'm really grateful to you all and believe that without your support I could not even be here...
Thank you very much, Swahili Asanti sana!

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat