středa 29. prosince 2010

Salama Friends from everywhere, Dec. 28, 2010

Hi to all from Kakamega!  
Here in Kakamega is now raining quite often and quite heavy…
On Saturday we had our Christmas and it was a very nice time ... The Children were really excited about all the gifts and they immediately dressed and we took pictures ... so take a look for yourself!
What was our menu? Rice, chapati - which are kind of cakes, kuku - which is a chicken, ugali, cabbage and a sauce with beef ... It was good, but to me I was a little homesick for the carp with potato salad, and especially for a pea soup! Then we still had some biscuits and cakes also, which I bought in one of two bakeries in town ...

I have become a VIP member in locals supermarkets, because they invited me for some offers ... It's funny ... But rather it is because I am mzungu - which means a white man ... Everyone here calls me ... Mzungu, mzungu ,.... Or maybe because I spent quite a lot around Christmas ,...... Oops ...
On Monday I got a fever and went immediately to the doctor and I have malaria ... But do not worry, it's quite common here like for us a cold ... I have medication and I feel quite well ... I am just little tired and sleepy, but otherwise nothing big ... People in Europe take this as a disaster, but it's nothing ... So if you go to the doctor in time ... I must have tasted the Africa with everything! Even with malaria! I'm already planning what I will do in January ... Children go to school and I want to study too slowly for my tests, at least a little ... By the end of February, I have to decide which colleges I will apply ...
But I also wonder what I am going to do here, what I can still provide for the kids ... I will let you know all about it!
We still do not know what to do on the New Year's Eve  ... I trust we will come with something!
Otherwise, last week I cook a lot ... Children tasted a china rice and chicken, spaghetti, and today I want to cook sweet milk rice ... They enjoyed everything and they were surprised that the mzungu from Europe can cook, clean and wash and bring barrel with 20 liters! Sometimes the kids stare at me as the bread from bag ... So it says my daddy!
Honestly have to admit that I miss the family ... Our parents have it hard right now ... One of my brother is in the U.S., the second brother is now in Japan and I am in Africa ... Pavelka’s continental invasion! Hehehe

What I have to tell you: ... I really love the children, indeed from all my heart and they love me too ... We often say each other Nakupenda, which means I love you! Every evening we read the Bible, talk, sing and pray, it's very nice time! Kenya is really a very Christian country, I am surprised ...
Una chakula hood? Have you eaten?
Ulile lodji? ? How did you sleep?
Kudja hapa! Come here.
Una ishi Kenya milele . I will forever live in Kenya. This sentence kids enjoy the most!
Come and learn a few words from other languages ... I also know few words from other languages…Oriena? This is how are you in language called Vanacula ...
But the most “rough” speaks the Masai, it will make a film on video, they are really fools J ... And they did not like much my cooking, because normally the eat only meat and drink milk with blood ... But they eat my pancakes, but we had them to make a tea for them... It's fun with them! They are such two thin sticks and they still smile at me all the time!

So for today I finish and write something again after the New Year ...
Thanks to everyone who have me in mind and still support me, financially and in prayer ... I am very grateful to you all and remind myself that without you I could not be here! Thank you and wish you a Happy New Year!

Yours Esther and all children


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat